Global Mission

Global Mission
A Heart for His People

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Restoring Rose: Daily Reminders

All day today I have been reminded of my sister in-law Rose.  As I was driving my daughter Nnenna to school today she pointed to the tag on my tea bag and said why is there a "rose" on that.  That got me thinking about Rose.  Then the thoughts of Rose started to flood my mind.  Our third daughter's middle name is Rose and my daughter got a bouquet of roses for her birthday and then of course I kept thinking of other ways "rose" was incorporated into our lives.  I then started to look back at my albums on Facebook of pictures of when we went to visit with Rose and the rest of the Agwuocha family.  Time sure does pass quickly.  In those pictures Nnenna was so little.  It was about 5 years ago now when I first met my sister in-law Rose.  She is so beautiful!  Inwardly and outwardly.  She has such a sweet and gentle spirit and never, never complained or asked for anything.  At this point in her medical journey she was limited on the right side of her body but was still able to walk with a limp and do some things.  You will notice in one of the pictures that my husband is ironing for her.  Yes they still use the old fashioned iron with the coal to keep it hot.  My husband noticed her trying to iron when he stepped in and finished the job for her.  She has two lovely and energetic boys who also never complained.  It has been 5 years now and I'm sure these little boys are not so little anymore.  Their little lives have been tough.  They have had to watch their momma suffer.  So much that they would even take her to healing services in desperation of just wanting their mother to be well again.  Rose currently is in a state of desperation.  She has not improved in the last 5 years yet has increasingly gotten worse.  She now can no longer walk and is losing feeling on both sides of her body.  She exclaims that the pain is intense.  In my heart all I want for her and her family is to know that they have a God who loves them deeply and that really does care for them.  They have not experienced anything but hardship. It is my pleasure and joy to be the love of God to them and to bless them with this opportunity to finally get the help that she so desperately needs.  If my husband and I could do it on our own, we would.  Unfortunately with a need so great, we are completely unable to do it all.  For that we have come to all of you to ask you to be a part of this.  We are so grateful for you and for your willingness to be the love of God to Rose.  She has never been online before and has no idea that this fundraiser is even happening but I am sooo thrilled that it is happening.  She is about to be blessed BIG time!!!  If you can give towards this cause we would be ever so grateful.  If you know of anyone who would help please pass it along to them.  I would love to see that we reach our halfway mark by the end of this week.  If we do then we can start the process to getting her an MRI.  After that then she will have a consultation and then most likely surgery.  If you have any questions please ask.  We love you all!

Love,
Barnabas, Amanda, Nnenna, Amara, and Olanna Agwuocha

To give to this cause please click on this link: https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/2dJnc
$555
28% raised of $2k goal
5
Contributors
21
Days left
Ends Nov 28, 2013 at 11:59PM PST



No comments:

Post a Comment