Global Mission

Global Mission
A Heart for His People

Thursday, July 21, 2016

The Waiting


Hard to believe I'm here, but here I am!  

The Bogolin Family has the special
touch with my little kiddos!
First of all I want to say thank you to each and every one of you!  Your love and support has been so amazing during my time of need!  So many of you of whom I have never met, have committed to praying for me and my family, have financially supported us, taken my children so I could attend my appointments, as well as have offered to bring us a meal.  I just absolutely love that!  You all are awesome!
Thank you for your cards, books, tissues, flowers and so much more!

This week I met with my oncologist. Boy are those appointments tough.  I show up to these appointments looking calm on the outside but my inside is anxiously awaiting the conversations to be had.  Many deep breaths and silent prayers and dear friends are what get me through these appointments.
Thank you Carlie for coming with me!
I loved having you there!
Thank you John for holding down the fort!
The long and short of this is that I will start chemotherapy on August 3rd. I will receive treatment once every three weeks for six rounds.  In between now and then are multiple tests including my MRI, Echocardiogram, Pet Scan, bloodwork, genetics testing, meetings with nutritionists, massage therapy, port placement, and a radiologist consultation! So many tests and so much waiting! Yay me!!!

Glimmer of Hope is a program to help women with breast cancer.
I heard that I may be the first woman to be a recipient of the program
and all it has to offer. How cool is that?! They provided me a free massage. Stress relief
at its finest!  I so needed that! To learn more go to
 http://www.symbolofthecure.com/about


In the midst of all of that craziness, I am finding time for my family, especially my beautiful kiddos and wonderful husband! I am making the most of my good days just enjoying them.  My children are aware of my situation to the best that they can understand.  
Here she is with those
gazing eyes! 
My oldest is 9. She is such a sweetheart and a big, big helper.  I have explained the most to her.  It's hard to tell her innermost feelings, but I have assured her that even though it may be hard, that she can always come to mommy and express her feelings and questions.  I look into her bright eyes as I explain the process and what to expect along the way and she just gazes into my eyes with a complete trust that what I say, I mean!  She is one special girl, let me tell you!


Many have asked how you can help.  Facebook has proven to be an avenue of communicating those needs but for those of you who are not on frequently or at all or perhaps miss the news feeds I would like to let you know here, some of those ways.

1. Prayer (of course)
Even My Babies are Praying for their Mama! 

2. Provide a meal: there is a meal train set up that you may sign up for.  We are not picky at all!  Even a bag of salad and rotisserie chicken counts! This will be ongoing so please keep checking for available dates. Here is the link to that: https://mealtrain.com/md91g6













3. Financial Assistance: We will be incuring some expenses through medical bills, to purchasing a wig and other head coverings, etc...  As a family of 7 we were not prepared to take on this added expense. More about this is on this page: https://www.youcaring.com/barnabas-and-amanda-agwuocha-602767/update/503103

4. Cards of encouragement along the way: My family started to write letters to me so that when things get tough they can mail me a letter of encouragement when I am going through a specific tough time.  I would love to hear from you!  My address is 3979 Brandon Rd. Pgh PA 15212.  You never know...I may write you back :)

5. During Chemo I will be there for a 4-5 hour time period.  My chemo schedule is Aug 3,24, Sept 14, Oct 5,26 and my final one is Nov 16th.   I will be at the Health and Wellness Pavillion in Wexford. If you would like to bring me a smoothie for some nourishment and sit with me for an hour I welcome the visit as well!  Just pick a date and let me know.

Ok so I think that covers most of my current needs.  I love you all so much (yes even those of you who I have never met!)  Thank you for taking the time to read my story and share it!  Keep checking back as I feel confident this story is going to get better and better! If you do not want to miss an update sign up to follow my blog and you will be automatically notified when I post a new post!

Blessings,
Amanda

6 comments:

  1. I'm here for you every step of the way. Love you so much. Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are always here for you! Send the kids over! I may one day figure out what to do with Amara & Olanna's crazy hair!!! :)
    Love you Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda I have a few books one I bought and two were donated by my boss she has been an onc nurse for 35 years they are awesome. Let us know we can always help out with kiddos -Shawnee would want to help as well. We are with you in prayer every step of the way - we love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cecilia M. GriffithJuly 22, 2016 at 10:24 AM

    You and your family are in my daily prayers! ❤ I probably won't be able to make trips to Wexford but I will be here helping your Mum ANY way or ANY thing that she needs. If you ever get stuck,I will drive to Wexford in a heartbeat, you have my number, just call me sweetie! Your positive outlook and faith are a inspiration to me! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live in Md but I want you to know I'll be praying for you.I'm Jen Meyercheck's mom. May God give you and your family peace and healing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the update, Amanda! I wish we were still living in Wexford now! You know we love you so much, and are praying always for you!!

    ReplyDelete