Global Mission

Global Mission
A Heart for His People

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Midway Ultrasound Results




Hey, Hey!!! Round 4, here I come! I can hardly believe it.  Round 4 is here. This last round sure was a doozy!  The long and short of it was that I had my chemo effects that lowered my immune system and BAM! I got hit with an awful cold.  Having the cold is hard enough, but add on loose bowels, vomiting (yep, had that this time), sheer exhaustion, sores all over my face and other parts of my body and round three was not looking good.  Thankfully through grace, prayer, rest, and love from all of you, I was able to recover.  I am still fighting the cold with a stubborn cough but I'm managing.

This past weekend my husband and children had the privilege to take my mother in law to NYC to catch a flight from JFK to Lagos, Nigeria.  We drove the 7 hours and got her there safely.  She had been living with us for the last 8 months.  In those months we were able to help her with her own health and wellness.  She is now back in Nigeria with much improved health!  We are so thankful for our friends and doctors who loved us and her so well!  Thank you!  During our time in NY, we were able to show the children around, introducing our Alma mater, Nyack College. We took them to the city and had some good ole family fun!  Such a great distraction to help the time pass to get me to round 4! (more pics uploaded on Facebook)









Here is an example (not mine) of a
spiculated tumour.  Mine originally
looked a lot like this.  The spiculated
parts that jet out are now hardly
spiculated which is great!
So today, October 4, 2016, I had my midway ultrasound followed by an appointment with my surgeon Dr. Duggal.  She is such a wonderful doctor full of warmth. She is very personable and takes her time to answer all of your questions and explain everything!  She is the doctor who chose me to be a part of the Glimmer of Hope program that has been such a blessing in my life!  I had my ultrasound and then Dr. Duggal came in and explained to  me that everything is moving forward in a positive direction.  Overall in the beginning I had 4 tumours, two that were smaller and two that were more visible.  As of today, the two smaller are completely gone!  The other two are making progress.  One is still about the same size, but the shape of it is softening and the spiculated characteristics are dwindling.   The second one is about 2cm smaller than its original size.  My lymph nodes look good.  Dr. Duggal didn't have any concerns and was feeling good about my progress,  I am halfway through my treatment so lets see how the next three rounds go.  November 16th is my last chemo treatment.  On November 18th I will have a follow up MRI and then on the 22nd an ultrasound and appointment with my surgeon again.  Join me in praying for great results!


I am tentatively scheduled for my surgery of a double mastectomy for December 12.  I will have a long recovery period where I will not be able to pick up my babies for at least a month. That is going to be tricky and will require a lot of help. It will also be the holidays, which means I will need to get myself organized and ready for Christmas before then.  I will have a busy few months ahead!!!

Upcoming Ways You can Support Me:

Thank you friends for all of your love and support.  It blesses me and my family more than you know.  This process is much like labor.  It is hard and oh so painful, but it has moments of rest in between to help you gear up for the next one.  So here I am gearing up for the next one! Please pray for me as I enter into round 4.  Pray my cough subsides, pray that my heartburn is tamed, pray my sores heal, pray my hair stays,pray that my heart stays strong as the Herceptin can be hard on my heart and I do feel it palpitate sometimes which reminds me that my heart is working hard, pray my tumours shrink, pray for my family and the stress my husband has to endure.  Pray! Pray without Ceasing!
Had a bad eye reaction at round 3

This is the kind of discomfort
that you just have to lie in your
bed with your eyes shut and
do absolutely nothing!


Please continue to send me letters of encouragement!  I love it!  I am saving each and everyone of them!  My address is 3979 Brandon Rd. Pittsburgh PA 15212.

My meal train is filling up but there are a few more dates that are available on our Meal Train

Also if you would like to give towards my cold capping and medical costs click here: Amanda's YouCaring Cancer Fundraiser

Childcare is also going to be a major need from Dec. 12th on.  If you are interested ( and I need to really know you, sorry they are my babies) let me know.


Tomorrow I will be at the Wexford Heath and Wellness Pavilion (10/5/2016 from 8-3)  at the cancer center.12311 Perry Hwy, Wexford, PA 15090  My mom and my cold capper sister in law will be with me but if you are in the area and would like to bring us snacks or smoothies we would love to see you!

Love you!! Catch ya later!

Amanda


5 comments:

  1. Thank you Amanda for keeping us up to date with your progress. We all love you and are here for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to share time with you, your mom & Pooh today! Thanks for the updates. I'd love to watch your kids! Now that the boys are all over (in CA, AZ, Pittsburgh and Beaver Falls), the house is much quieter and I definitely could use some more giggles!
    Love & prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a beautiful family. I'm thinking of you today as you go through your treatments and cold capping. You are so close to finishing. The accumulation of the drugs is so hard, but it means they're working. Stay strong! If you have any questions you know how to reach me. xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amanda, your mom took care of my son Jerry's children. I had the entire course including the Herceptin and 5 years of Femara. God has been merciful. It's hard but many are helping you with prayer and other supports. Your children are beautiful. Your husband is a gift from the Lord. You will inspire many as you come through this journey. Rest in Him. prayers~ Kathy Lovejoy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merely a smiling visitant here to share the love (:, btw outstanding style.
    HER OWN HEALTH

    ReplyDelete