Global Mission

Global Mission
A Heart for His People

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

MRI and Ultrasound Results Post Chemotherapy

*ways to get involved posted at the bottom of this post

Well friends, as promised I am here to give you the report from my most recent MRI and Ultrasound.

At my midway ultrasound in October it was noted that their was a small amount of change in my tumors in the way of size, although they were changing in appearance.  I had two smaller tumors that were completely gone and two that remained about the same.

This time around there was significant change.  They are nearly undetectable to feel.  My doctor said that if she didn't know I had breast cancer she wouldn't be able to feel it. They are still detectable in my ultrasound and MRI but barely.  That is significant!

Here are a few pictures that show the progress from the initial diagnosis, to the midway point, to the end of chemotherapy.

Two tumors in July

The same two tumors in October

Post Chemo: two tumors!

Those results are spectacular!  So much progress from the beginning vs. now.

The next set of images show even more exciting results.  The first image shows the cancer and you will see all the white contrast.  The white contrast are the cancerous tumors. This is an image from my MRI in July.



Now look this next image and notice that their is hardly any white! This is my MRI from a few weeks ago! 
Isn't that amazing!  So we can confidently say that my chemo was effective and did lots of work to shrink the cancer.  I also believe that God and prayers had something to do with this! Especially since my midway point didn't show nearly this much change.  

All in all I am very happy with my results and the progress that has been made.  

Thank you for your prayers and support!  It's all coming together!  

Next I am gearing up for my big surgery which will take place this December 12th.  I met with my plastic surgeon yesterday to go over the details of the surgery.  I will be having a DIEP Flap procedure done, which basically means they will use the tissue from my belly to form my new breasts.  The doctor will be needing to use vessels from my stomach area to attach to my breast area to help support the tissue being relocated.  As of now it looks as if my veins may be going through the muscle in my abdomen.  If this is the case he may need to use a little bit of my muscle to be able to access the veins.  Please pray with me that he doesn't have to do that.  I need all the muscle I can get to stay in my abs. The surgery will take at least 10 hours and has a 12 week recovery period. Pictures of this procedure are graphic but if you are curious about it, google it.  It's pretty intense.  I am choosing this procedure because it is a natural route without any foreign objects being put into my body.  There is no maintenance as opposed to implants that need updated every 10 years or so.  They have a natural feel as opposed to implants that can feel cold and hard.  Some people love implants, and if this procedure fails then I will have to have implants too.  I'm ok with whatever happens but this is worth the try. I am also out trying to select a very important chair that will aid in my recovery and will serve as my bed for a few months!  Barnabas and I couldn't help but laugh as it took us to a whole new status of life!

We covet your prayers, support, and encouragement during this time.  Please pray for my children as two of them currently have strep (just found out tonight) and I cannot afford to get sick right now. We are doing our best to get things in order in our household.  I'd say we are nesting in full swing! We have our Christmas tree up and are trying to finish up any needed projects before I am down for a while.  It will all come together! 






Much love to you all!

Amanda

Ways you can help:
Meals: new dates have been added to the meal train if you would like to help provide a meal.  https://www.mealtrain.com/trains/md91g6

Financially: We have incurred big expenses with the inconvenience of having cancer.  From Chemo cold capping, to high deductibles, your help to ease the financial burden has been such a blessing to our family.  With my surgery coming up and much more on the horizon any contribution is greatly appreciated.  https://www.youcaring.com/barnabas-and-amanda-agwuocha-602767/update/563734

Childcare: Any help in this department will be greatly appreciated.  Especially the week of my surgery and the week after I get home.  The girls are in school but the baby is home.  And of course weekends the kids are around.  Even if you just come over to hang with the girls and bake some christmas cookies with them.  That usually was my job and now Nnenna is taking that task on this year.

Cards of encouragement:  As I go through this next phase I know that it will be quite challenging.  I do not know what to expect but I do know that your cards of encouragement have been so helpful and will continue to be as "WE" march forward through this next phase.
My address is:

3979 Brandon Rd.
Pgh PA 15212

That is all for now!! Thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment