Global Mission

Global Mission
A Heart for His People

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Its all about the Dash!

My daughter Nnenna is the one with the pigtails :) 


Today my daughter Nnenna performed in the Urban Impact Childrens Choir (video clip at the end of this blog.) (please keep reading and don't just skip to the video :)  I was so proud of her!  When I was a little girl I used to be a part of the kids choir at church with the same amazing Sheri Turnbull!  Lets just say that when I was a kid I loved her and as an adult I am thankful that my daughter gets to have her and love her as well!  That is my dream someday to lead a childrens choir (preferably in Africa)!

My awesome sister Lydia who is also in the Childrens Choir

This month at church is also missions month.  Growing up I used to always love missions emphasis week.  Missionaries would come and speak and let us eat weird but yummy food and we would get to stay up late and go to church every night.  My heart for missions did grow through these experiences.  For that I too am also glad that my children are getting that experience.

The timing of this missions month has been really interesting as my husband and I have more recently been talking about what is our purpose, where are we going, what are we doing, what is the Lord asking of us etc....  We have a burning desire to love people, to care for people, to create relationship with people, and to be Christ to people.  Somehow though, life does get so busy that the week passes and I will wonder what I even did that week.  My husbands life story is one that you may have heard if you are close to us but one that most do not know.  Someday I hope he shares it, but with his story comes a great responsibility that he cannot ignore that others out there really need 1.Jesus, 2. Love, 3. Help.   That is what we desire to be and do but still wrestle with how that all looks for the present and how it will look in the future.  Our hearts are so big, yet it all seems so hard to make happen.  This is what we wrestle with but for now are just seeking the Father and continuing to live our lives in the now as missional as possible.

You can't reap a harvest if you don't sow a seed!
Do you remember when you were in your youth and someone would ask you what you were going to be when you grow up or what you were going to do with your life?  I pondered that thought today and really hope that someday what I would have said comes true!  To run an African Childrens Choir, to educate in Africa, to open up a school or non profit organization to help others there and to make an impact.  What was it that you thought you were going to do with your life?  Are you doing it?  Are you even close?




I once heard from a dear friend of ours that when you one day die your tombstone will have two dates on it and in between those two dates will be a dash.  The dash represents your life.  How are you going to live your dash?

                                   My prayer is that we all can make every minute count!

     This holiday season many of you already know that my husband and I are on a mission to help Restore Rose!  This week is a huge week where she will meet her doctor, get an MRI (which is not an easy task in a 3rd world country) and consult with the Doctor.  We will most likely learn what exactly is going on in her spine and will know what the next steps are.  Please join us in praying for Rose!  If you can give to help us with her medical expenses we would also appreciate that!

A great giveaway is tonight for anyone who has given thus far up to midnight tonight!  Make a donation big or small and your name will be entered!  Thank you so much! MWAH!!!!

https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/2dJnc



                                    Take a minute to see the Urban Impact Choir Perform!



2 comments:

  1. I wondered what or who the Dash was, and after reading the story it made me think more about the Dash. The choir was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes the choir was awesome! Thanks for reading!

      Delete